Total Pageviews

Friday, November 18, 2011

It's only the end of a chapter

Ten years ago I started something in order to be involved and make friends. I joined my middle school track team in 7th grade for the simple reason that my parents forced me to get involved. The fall of that same year I decided that it was time for me to abandon my less than mediocre soccer career to join the Cross-Country team. I joined because I was a weak and thin-skinned 12 year old who liked the warm, loving nature of the cross-country coach more than the emotionless, stoic personality of the soccer coach.

I never would have thought that that decision would have shaped my life immensely.

Flash forward almost 10 years. Tomorrow, I will toe the line for my last collegiate cross-country race.

I have been with this sport for 10 years, almost half my life. To say that tomorrow will be an emotional day for me is a HUGE understatement. It will probably be a day I will remember forever, but not only because of the fact that I stuck with a sport for 10 years.

Tomorrow will be a day to remember because of the blessings running has bestowed upon me.

I found my passion and it has provided me with more smiles then I could have ever imagined.

Find your passion and realize that it will never be perfect, but it will be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment