Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Anger

Anger never solved anything. Anger never made you feel better. Anger never made you successful.

Many people could disagree with these statements. There are many people out there who feel anger is a productive. I am not one of those people.

I had one of those moments last night where a simple conversation profoundly effects the way you view yourself and your life. I had this conversation with someone who has known me for a while now and had the urge to tell me his philosophy on life. He simply sat down and told me "anger does not get you anywhere." He was 100 % accurate.

We all get angry. Whether we want to or not, it happens. It usually raises our heartbeat, increased our blood pressure and stresses us out even more. When we act impulsively based on anger, the end result usually isn't what we had hoped. Anger destroys friendships, ruins families, and makes enemies. It is an emotion that can destroy us, as I noticed it was destroying me.

I get angry over things I cannot control in my life. I get angry over people who are late, people who slack off, people who complain, people who brag, etc. Not only do I get angry, but I let these people impact my life by bothering me beyond all ends. I suddenly realized after the conversation I had last night that I cannot control how people act. If someone wants to be late, then they will be late. If someone wants to slack off, then they will slack off. If someone wants to complain, then they will complain. It is life. It isn't fair. People will always do things we do not understand, do not agree with, and do not enjoy. It is life and in life you can only worry about your own actions. You can only control how you act and how you feel. Why get angry over the actions of other people? One day they will pay for being late, or pay for slacking off, or pay for complaining. Letting the anger for these people impact your day, even if it's for a minute, is a waste of your time. Let it go. You are who you are and they are who they are. You cannot control that.

Anger will never solve a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment