Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

End of the story

I went to watch a play today with my first grade class. Between telling them to be quiet and listening to them laugh hysterically at the butt of a baboon costume, I didn't really get to watch a lot of the play. However, there were certain parts I did catch and these parts had me thinking about the true message the play was attempting to get across.

The young boy in the story was on a journey to bring back the water supply to the world. He was chosen by some higher power to be the one to bring back the water supply. Throughout the play his journey brings him to collect certain tokens in order to find the heart of the sun. Once he finds the heart of the sun, he learned he needs to dive into this giant tree in order to complete his journey. At first he is hesitant and he asks his community leader what will happen to him. The community leader simply responds that he does not know. That part of the story has not been written yet.

That line really got me thinking. The end of our stories have not been written. We do not know what will happen tomorrow, or next week, or next year. However, one aspect the play touched upon was the fact that the young boy had a choice as to the direction the rest of his story would go. We are all faced with decisions and I think often times we neglect to see the importance of some of these decision. By making these decisions we are writing the next chapter in our lives.

I've been struggling lately with a certain chapter in my story. To be honest, I kept concerning myself with how other peoples stories were going. I forgot that regardless of how their stories go, I have the power to control mine. Just like the little boy in the fable I have a choice.

We all have a choice. We all have the power to shape our own stories. Sometimes we just don't realize it

No comments:

Post a Comment