Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Best Laid Plans

Sometimes we make a plan. We have a perfect line between where we are and where we want to be. Many times our plan does not go the way we had expected. I will admit I am suffering from a plan that isn't exactly going the way I had envisioned it. However, I realized after some heavy thinking that maybe my plan isn't as far off the path as I had imagined.

I'd prefer to keep the actual plan to myself, but I will tell you that from the start it didn't go the way I expected. I had, in my opinion, done all that I had needed to do in order for the plan to go smoothly, but right from the start it was out of whack. However, regardless of where my path is going I can still see the goal at the end of the tunnel. I always just assumed that my plan was the best plan in order to help me accomplish what I need to accomplish. I suddenly realize that maybe there were other paths I could take that could all end with the same result. Maybe I had missed an extra variable along the way. Maybe my plan wasn't the right plan.


We all set plans and we all realize that they often do not go according to plan. Yet what if they are going according to plan. What if the path we're on, though it might not be the path we expected, is actually the right path for what we hope to accomplish. Often times we forget that there is more then one way to get to a destination. We'd all like to take the fastest route, but we forget that sometimes the back roads can be more scenic, more beautiful, more of an adventure.

There are multiple ways to get to your goals. Trust the path you're on.

No comments:

Post a Comment